PSA is an abbreviation of the technical term “Professional Services Automation”. This is a system or software that is being used or implemented by several big and growing organizations and is holding quite prominence due to the feasibility it provides to companies handling professional-level projects. Let’s explore the answer to the question, what is Professional Services Automation (PSA)?
Understanding Professional Services Automation:
PSA is a software that allows the integration of different components of Professional Management into one system. It provides one interface for all, which gives us benefits in a lot of domains, some of which we shall discuss shortly. Its capabilities are used in the following domains (but are not limited to them):
- Business Consultancy
- Information Technology
- Engineering and Construction
Basically, any place where projects (large- or small- scale), there we can make good use of Professional Services Automation.
The Salient Features/Tools of the Professional Services Automation:
The software of Professional Services Automation has tools that can be quite helpful for all professional fields. Its tools can be considered salient features, that make it a working system. Some of the key tools are as follows:
- Time Management System – In this module certain features are available that help the employees manage their time better, and enables things to complete within due time.
- Resource Management System – This module of PSA helps you to develop resources that an organization needs and manage resources that are already available with the organization.
- Finance & Revenue Management – Managing finances is always the biggest priority of an organization. Profit is what drives organizations, and it is only through ample profit can they survive. This system allows the company to calculate its budget, expenditures, earnings, and the flow of revenue throughout.
- Project Management System – Projects must be handled well for timely completion and successful delivery. The PSA’s project management module resembles project management software and fulfills the same needs.
As you can see, these are all components that organizations handle separately. But PSA allows us to handle all of them altogether.
The Benefits of the Professional Services Automation:
The tools and management system of PSA has a lot of advantages for organizations, and people working in them. The most important ones have been discussed below:
Increased productivity of the Organization
Progress becomes slow in an organization when managers have to deal with all the systems individually and interpret mutually exclusive data. Since PSA becomes one platform for all, the processing capability increases significantly and more work can be done in a shorter time.
Reduction of Expenditures
Managing all the systems individually may be quite costly, especially if you are trying to run them concurrently. However, since PSA by default brings them on one table, the spending and costs of an organization may decrease considerably. This sum can then be invested elsewhere.
Easy Handling of Corporate Structures
Handling an organization can be a tough job, especially if you have to derive conclusions from what is going on and apply them for the company’s benefit elsewhere. With Professional Services Automation, you can handle structures and projects easily. Spreadsheet times are also reduced significantly.
Can Help Expand your Market
PSA allows you to handle even bigger systems, and you can expand them by further upgrading the modules of your PSA, and optimizing them to your needs and requirements. Individual systems are static in nature, and hence, they do not allow this level of flexibility. Businesses that wish to grow can benefit from this quite a bit.
Concertium can provide a free IT assessment
PSA was meant to make things easier for the people in professional fields, and indeed, it has lived up to its name. Soon more organizations will implement it, and it will significantly increase the output.
If you would like to hear more about how Concertium can support your business and its technology infrastructure, let’s schedule a free IT assessment call with our CEO and CTO to learn more about your business and current technology needs.