The retail industry faces a host of challenges. These include:
- Re-inventing the in-store shopping experience
- Security and compliance
- Cloud migration
- Greater demand for omnichannel e-commerce
- Optimizing the supply chain
- Maintaining visibility
Retail managers must embrace digital workspace solutions. Retailers need to give employees secure, reliable access to the applications they need. Technology upgrades are critical to serve customers across channels and deliver a consistent experience that exceeds their expectations. We have been supporting SMB retail and restaurant companies for decades. Utilizing a Managed Services Provider (MSP) like Concertium who has experience supporting retail and restaurants helps leverage solutions designed to help them manage the actions they will need to take to manage employees and service customers in their stores.
We support SMB retail and restaurants in Tampa Bay
Concertium supported several retail and restaurant companies headquartered in Tampa, Florida. They include both franchised and family owned and operated locations. Dedication to excellent customer service has been a constant for all of our clients as they have grown. While all of them started as a single location, many have now grown into a premier, regional brand names. Another constant has been the family-friendly ownership focus that has developed a strong company culture and driven them to capitalize on growth and expansion opportunities. With this combination of excellent customer service, a strong company culture, and Concertium, as their technology partner, these companies are poised for many years of success and growth.
Concertium has decades of experience supporting POS systems and retail technology
The most common POS systems today include Square, Lightspeed, Clover, Revel, EPOS, and Toast. Regardless of which hardware and software package you purchase, you will need assistance with installation, maintenance, and support. A managed service provider (MSP) like Concertium can assist with any and all of your set-up and POS management needs.
Our POS process experience includes the following:
- Identification and purchase of POS hardware and software
- Installation of hardware and software
- Integration of cash drawers, receipt printers, card swipes
- ISP set-up for multi-location restaurant networks
- Developed automated re-imaging process to make new deploys and replacements seamless
- Routine maintenance
- Training and support
In addition to POS system, restaurants and retail locations have a variety of other technology needs. Concertium has completed projects supporting SMB retail and customers that include:
- A full strategic business processes review.
- An elaborate hybrid Office 365 migration.
- Migrating both corporations and over 30 vanity domains to new domain servers.
- Consolidated and decommissioned over 80 on premise servers (cut costs by $100,000 a year).
- A complete network and ISP overhaul to provide a redundant SDWAN solution for all locations.
- Removed a MPLS circuit, giving them a more robust redundant network at half the cost.
- Migrated to Microsoft Azure to decommission dated hardware and tape library backup solution.
- Provided a manageable printer solution to administer over 80 printers via print services
- Worked with ERP team to migrate the on-premise SharePoint farm to SharePoint Online.
These tactical moves establish a sound baseline from which our clients could operate effectively. Once completed, we turned our attention to more strategic opportunities to help the restaurants and retailers build for the future. Long term, strategic project we can complete include a variety of custom development and application management projects to help our customers grow:
- Implement advanced artificial intelligent security and anti-virus
- Migrate from private cloud that is hosting the Microsoft Dynamics ERP solution to Azure
- Provide a load balanced environment to overcome SQL table lock issues
- Move from unsecure ISP fiber network to new secure provider
- Completely overhaul logical and physical network infrastructure.
- Replace several different wireless networks with a single, company-wide wireless mesh solution
- Complete overhaul of Active Directory, Group Policies, and DNS
Concertium can provide a free IT assessment of your retail or restaurant company
Since 1997, Concertium has been providing Managed IT services to SMB and middle market companies throughout Tampa Bay. We are regularly listed as a Top 10 Managed Service Provider (MSP) in the annual survey by the Tampa Bay Business Journal. We have an extensive background installing, servicing, and supporting long-term care providers with flexible hosting, managed services and cloud software that evolve based on industry demand. With a local presence in Tampa, and a customer software development arm in India, we entail 75 employees and 50+ clients, and our technology-driven solutions are the most strategic and affordable choice for any acute or post-acute care provider in West Central Florida.
If you would like to hear more about how Concertium can support your business and its technology infrastructure, let’s schedule a free IT assessment call with our CEO and CTO to learn more about your business and current technology needs.