Job Type: Full-time
Qualifications: CISSP (Preferred), Certified Information Systems Auditor (Preferred), Work authorization (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Tampa, FL 33602
We are looking for a Cyber Security Architect Manager to help build and manage a team of cybersecurity professionals that plan and design security solutions to enable our clients to identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover from cyber threats and vulnerabilities. This individual will manage security operations and be a subject matter expert in incident response and cybersecurity defense. The Security Operations Manager will lead the team to design and execute best-in-class network/systems monitoring, preventative and detective controls, forensics and investigations, vulnerability management, and cyber threat intelligence activities. The role will drive the creation and execution of incident response plans and lead the incident response team through significant incidents. The manager will collaborate with sales, marketing, project management, and development teams. In addition, the manager will develop and maintain key relationships with external cybersecurity organizations and federal/state law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
What You’ll Do
Maintains and designs a safe and secure operating environment for our clients; co-leading the development of information security strategies, conducting security risk assessments, and implementing security solutions to assist businesses with assessing and improving clients’ security infrastructure.
- Designs action plans for policy creation and governance, system hardening, monitoring, incident response, disaster recovery, and emerging cybersecurity threats.
- Directs and coordinates technical response teams to develop quick containment solutions to cyber security incidents.
- Oversees investigation capability, including leveraging internal and external forensics and evidence collection and preservation, as appropriate.
- Performs root cause analysis and future prevention/risk mitigation on critical security incidents.
- Influences product selection and negotiating security and privacy requirements with teams and vendors.
- Maintains Company Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) Response Plans and serves as lead disaster recovery team member.
- Conducts tabletop exercises to build response capability at all levels (e.g., tactical security response through strategic leadership response).
- Stays current on the latest security trends, vulnerabilities, privacy legislation, and news items and communicates new findings with other team members.
- Provides continuous monitoring and research of real-time alerts.
- Develops and maintains designated risk-based cyber safeguards, including access controls, MFA, encryption, asset classification, change management, patch management, network segmentation, firewalls, and detection technologies, including network and endpoint security, insider threat protection, logging and network monitoring, and vulnerability management.
- Develops secure lifecycle processes and operations, reflecting risk, threat, and vulnerability identification.
- Ensures continuous monitoring of the threat landscape and modify security technologies and procedures as appropriate.
- Manages all aspects of security for technology initiatives in close collaboration with the IT team.
- Conducts regular internal and coordinated external security assessments, penetration tests, and red/purple team exercises to test security controls’ effectiveness proactively.
Who You Are
You have a passion for information security. You have a versatile background in general business, technology, and security. You’re a critical thinker with an analytical mind. You also have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s (Required) in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 8+ years of experience working in IT & Network security architecture, operations, design, or development
- 3+ years of managerial experience with managing compliance and/or security organization
- At least one relevant industry certification – CISSP, CISM, CISA, GSEC, and/or Sec+ (Required)
- Solid Information Security background, including information and cyber security assessment, risk analysis, privacy, data protection, regulatory frameworks, risk, and security architecture, and demonstrated experience in leading cyber incident response.
- Knowledge of IT and security frameworks, such as NIST, CMMC, or CIT
- Hands-on experience with SIEM, Threat Intelligence Tools, Security Orchestration, and Automation
- In-depth experience and knowledge of enterprise IT security concerns and technologies, including but not limited to VPNs, network security, encryption, authentication, application-level network protocols, PKI, IPSec, Firewall, SSH, SSL, DES, LAN/WAN, and TCP/IP
- Experience working with network topologies, file/application servers, encryption technologies, and network operating hardware and software
- Experience performing security audits and/or vulnerability assessments
- Knowledge of IT governance protocols, information management, and current trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a high level of personal integrity
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics
- Strong leadership abilities, with the capability to develop and guide information security team members and other technical operations personnel and to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent project and response management skills
- Confident, energetic self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Has the accessibility and ability to interface with and gain the respect of stakeholders at all levels and roles in the company
- Strong analytic skills for problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Has sound judgment and a sense of urgency and has demonstrated commitment to high standards of ethics, regulatory compliance, customer service, and business integrity
- Self-motivated and possessing a high sense of urgency and personal integrity
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the IT organization, project and application development teams, management, and business personnel
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates, and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- Generous Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Ready to start a career with a company that cares about your future? Apply today!