Job Description: Business Analyst / Software Development Project Manager
Concertium is a leading IT managed service provider, creating tailored IT solutions for clients including custom software development. We are looking for a motivated Business Analyst/Software Development Project Manager based in Tampa, Florida. Our experienced software development team develops mobile and web-based applications, modernizes legacy applications, and provides on-demand staff augmentation for our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter who wants to become an integral part of our dynamic development team. The project manager’s primary responsibility is overseeing a project team (based in India) to ensure the successful delivery of a project. Elements of a successful delivery include meeting or beating budget estimates, meeting or beating timelines, meeting or exceeding standards of quality, and achieving the highest level of overall customer satisfaction. Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills are essential. Some degree of hands-on technical experience or background is required.
- Provide kick-off to deployment project management for the production of applications, websites, and platforms.
- Provide leadership and coordination to development teams in the performance of their assigned tasks and projects.
- Communicate customer requirements with the team of programmers assigned to the project. Serve as the liaison between the programming team and the client.
- Work with offshore project managers to analyze, define, and document scope and requirements for client projects, and contribute to documentation such as functional specifications, budget estimates, and timelines.
- Create technical specifications based on individual project needs.
- Schedule, organize, task and report on project progress.
- Develop and maintain project plans using Microsoft Project or other project planning tools
- Review software UI and UX designs created by our designers; ensure they adhere to the project requirements. Make sound suggestions in the best interests of the client.
- Facilitate client training and user acceptance testing as needed.
- Perform post-implementation review of the system with the users.
- Ability to constantly seek additional revenue opportunities by always being aware of scope changes, upgrade opportunities within existing engagements, or new opportunities within a customer’s organization.
- Keep management and clients continuously updated of status of active projects.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Business Analyst or Project Manager in a team oriented software development environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of best practices for software design and development.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills under pressure.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients during pre-and post-sales activities and to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Experience with UX and WordPress
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with team members and management and explain technical issues
- Strong sense of ownership/leadership and confidence
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to apply various project management methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to write about technical subjects.
- Experience working on multiple projects at once, balancing priorities and multi-tasking
What Concertium Can Offer You
- Paid holiday and personal time off
- Flexible, remote work environment (up to 2 days in office)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance benefits
How to Apply?
Please send an email with your resume and a cover letter to: