Azure Cloud Architect
The Cloud Architect is the organization’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) with deep experience in design, implementation, and migration of clients in to the Microsoft Azure cloud environment. This role will support the team by providing architectural design and scope definition as well as project planning and execution for cloud migrations. This position will support the Technology Operations team and persons in this role are responsible for troubleshooting and resolving incidents and problems escalated to the Tier 3 team related to cloud deployments and maintain ownership through resolution of incidents, problems, and changes related to cloud deployments. Architects work within the Principle Engineering team to guide the organization by assisting with the selection of products, partners, and solutions which are used to support our customer’s business technology initiatives.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Technology Operations.
- Design of solutions with a focus on Azure for clients using Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge.
- Design of production, staging, QA and development Cloud Infrastructures running in 24×7 environments.
- Creation and delivery of Cloud Strategies aligned with customer’s business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations to Azure.
- Provide leadership to the organization for infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the Azure cloud.
- Build Cloud computing expertise internally and externally to drive Cloud knowledge and adoption.
- Ownership through resolution any client computing, server, and network troubleshooting and remediation activities assigned by escalation.
- Analyze cloud and infrastructure performance information to identify capacity trends and recommend solutions for maximizing the design of a client’s IT environment and assist with the creation of value add reports.
- Design new solutions for customers using both vendor and industry best practice methodologies.
- Perform pre-sales technical support functions including meeting with clients to gather requirements, create technical plans and designs, and build scope documents.
- Collaborate with the management team to select products, partners, and vendors in conjunction with the company strategy.
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in oter focused areas under direction of the management team.
- Provide on-the-job technical training and mentoring for other members of the Technology Operations team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have successfully completed at least 4 or more infrastructure migrations to Azure Cloud with varying levels of complexities for organizations with 100+ users.
- At least 5 years of recent experience with provisioning and managing Azure Public Cloud environments.
- 4+ years’ experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on Azure, cloud, server, virtualization, storage and networking.
- At least 10 years of experience provisioning, managing, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows operating systems, applications, networks, and associated storage, backup, security, and other technology products.
- 4 or more years’ experience with MS SQL, SharePoint and .NET
- Knowledge of other Cloud technologies such as AWS and Google
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office 365 migrations and administration.
- Advanced knowledge and experience planning, designing, implementing and supporting client/server networking environments for multiple small to medium sized businesses.
- Experience provisioning, managing, and troubleshooting firewall appliances and services from major network security vendors. Experience with Cisco ASA or SonicWALL NSA appliances is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience provisioning, managing, and troubleshooting of backup and disaster recovery processes, software, and hardware from major vendors including: single and multi-tape backup libraries, disk-to-disk, and disk-to-cloud technologies.
- Experience with WLAN and wireless security concepts. Experience with Cisco, Meraki, Unify or SonicWALL wireless access points is preferred.
- Demonstrated skill with Visio or other network diagram software.
- Linux administration experience considered a plus.
- Apple MacOS and iOS experience considered a plus.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to aid in team development and excellent customer service.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and require minimal supervision to meet or exceed the duties and functions of the job.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to explain technical issues in way that is clear and understandable to non-technical people.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- At least oneof the following industry certifications is required:
– Microsoft MCSA or MCSE: Windows Server and/or Cloud Platform
- Other Vendor or Industry Standard certificationsdesirable: examples Cisco, Juniper, HP, ITIL, CompTIA, or PMI related